Saturday, August 21, 2010

On the Go



Melody Gersbach,Binibining Pilipinas International 2009, died in a car crash last night while on her way to Albay, Bicol. She was 24. This news woke us up today, because she is my aunt's family friend.

Last week, we were shocked by a news, that the young son of a former employee of our office, had a seizure due to a swollen part of his brain. He was diagnosed with Pediatric Encephalitis--a viral infection. He got it by breathing. He's currently at the UST, unconscious.

Another news came yesterday about Karl, a former churchmate who migrated at San Diego, was accidentally hit by a drunk driver while waiting for his school bus. Praise God, he is well now after a major surgery.


These recent news reminded me of Psalms 90. The chapter simply says that LIFE IS SHORT so make the most out of it.

My nursing friends told me that seeing people die is inevitably part of their daily routine. They see both rich and poor people die, like it's just really part of life's process. How can it fly so quickly? I asked myself, "Am I really making the most out of my life?" or Im just wasting it by watching re-runs and spending most of my time in front of the computer? This reflection made me realize what really matters in life.

Its a matter of 30 days before I enter adulthood. I'll be turning 21. It could be my last birthday, we don't know.
Am I really ready, If God suddenly talk to me and say "Its time for you to come home"? Am I on the go? What is important now is that we must make the most out of life and treat everyday as if its our last.

To all, let us pray for Jeremy, the little boy with Pediatric Encephalitis. I know there is hope if we believe. Let us also pause for a moment and pray for the family of the late Melody Gersbach. I believe that all things work together for good (Romans 8:28).

No comments:

Post a Comment